Corporate Real Estate Alternative Workplace Strategies Manager, Director job – MUFG – Tempe, AZ
Oversee the creation, advancement, execution and maintenance of the company’s Alternative Workspace Strategy (AWS) program to improve operating capabilities and achieve a sustainable future footprint. Drive best-in-class capability to develop, maintain and sustain the program on an on-going basis. The program will seek to measure how the workplace currently supports business objectives and employee productivity, validate space design and functionality, and recommend improvements to deploy across the strategic footprint. Act as a visible and vocal advocate, working cross functionally to provide subject matter expertise and strategic data analysis which influence sustainable working environments in support of Location Strategy decisioning. Leverage current trends and best practices for workspace strategies and workplace performance. Deliver AWS performance metrics for the portfolio.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Serve as an AWS leader to advise the organization, generate new ideas, and implement defined initiatives.
- Design and deliver an integrated and tailored AWS program platform to suit specific needs across complex projects through planning, execution, communications management, change management, risk management, and overall governance.
- Accountable for AWS performance across the enterprise. Enable the organization to manage a variety of business AWS cost issues and capture the broad range of value improvement opportunities.
- Design long-term strategies that will optimize the current technology and cost effectively deploy new services and infrastructure to enhance workplace effectiveness. Present complex financial/organizational analysis and reporting to senior and executive leadership teams.
- Lead the development of analytics to show performance of AWS to the real estate organization and the impact of AWS on business performance. Evaluate data and perform statistical analysis to identify improvement opportunities and the associated issues and risks. Compile market, budget, and other analysis to support business priorities and platform decision making.
- Communicate relevant AWS program topics professionally with senior management, Governance Committees, staff, peer support services teams, and internal client constituents in both written form and in person presentations. With CRE, develop capital and operations forecast and economics to drive decisions.
- Develop key performance reporting tools including annual Workplace Impact Assessment surveys using proven templates and processes to determine current strengths, deficiencies, and opportunities in the work environment.
- Define AWS best practices and process improvements in support of transformation efforts.
- Collaborate with leaders across the enterprise to ensure that long-term plans for leveraging space and resources are achieved.
- Serve as a trusted advisor, thought partner, and challenge partner to peers.
- Lead a team and subject matter experts across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Keep up-to-date on industry trends and best practices with AWS Technology standards is required. [i.e. Occupancy Beacons, Seat Sensors, smart badge technology]
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, industrial design, industrial psychology or equivalent experience.
- 12+ years of progressive experience in corporate (commercial) real estate, or project management.
- Experience using Six Sigma/Lean principals.
- Financial services industry background
Behavioral and Leadership Competencies
- Strong understanding of Alternative Workplace Strategies relevant to the business and metrics related to organizational performance.
- Proficient in corporate program management and change management.
- Experience with managing direct and indirect teams of professionals and leadership skills with strong business acumen.
- Strong presentation, communication, and relationship building skills to influence at all levels of the organization.
- In-depth understanding of data analytics and a strong technical aptitude.
- Knowledge of capital budgeting practices and principles.
- Program management skills to assist organizing, planning, and executing concurrent large scale projects from concept phase through to execution.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple activities and deadlines.
- Ability to work remotely in a virtual team within a matrix reporting relationship
- Travel is anticipated to be up to 20% for this position
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
This content was originally published here.